Long Weekend in Music City (Nashville, TN)

Nashville, Tennessee is such a lively destination that is quickly becoming one of my favorite cities! "Music city" is a place I'd return to over and over again. From the live music, to the Grand Ole Opry, Country Music Hall of Fame, and the dynamic restaurant and bar scene this city has SO much to offer. I am so excited to share with you some of my recommendations!

Nashville City Skyline

Places to Stay:

Gaylord Opryland Resort is basically this gorgeous indoor garden with waterfalls, shops, restaurants, coffee stops, ice cream, a spa, hotel rooms, and more scattered throughout. Whether you stay at the resort or just stop by for a visit, you'll be glad you did. The resort has everything you could need for a fun weekend away, and more! Plus, they are adding on a massive indoor-outdoor water park later this year. 
Gaylord Opryland Resort
Ice Cream at Gaylord Opryland Resort

Hilton Nashville Downtown 
I have been to Nashville twice now and on both of my trips I've stayed for a couple nights at the Hilton Nashville Downtown. It is in the absolute perfect location and it is within short walking distance to all that Broadway and downtown has to offer. Also, the hotel is just gorgeous. Il Mulion Trattoria is an upscale, delicious Italian restaurant right in the lobby. Check it out!

Thompson Nashville
We haven't actually stayed at this hotel, yet. However, we loved our experience at the Thompson Toronto (See our blog post here) and imagine this would be a wonderful experience as well. Thompson Nashville is in the Gulch area which I've heard wonderful things about and I plan to check out on one of my next visits.

Favorite Spots:

I have so many favorite spots in Nashville to share with you and I know the list will only continue to grow with each visit! There is still so much of the city I have yet to explore. One of my favorite parts about traveling is trying all of the different restaurants and foods. As you can see below, a lot of my favorite spots are focused around food.

Husk
This was the restaurant my coworkers and I went to for our first night out. We really indulged and enjoyed ourselves! We started with a drink at the bar, ordered appetizers to share, main courses paired with a bottle of wine, and finished with 3 desserts to split. I can honestly say, all of it was amazing.
Husk Downstairs Bar
Husk Trader Dro's Cocktail
The "Trader Dro's" cocktail. Yum!
Husk Nashville Restaurant
At Husk, the focus is solely Southern and the menu changes daily.
Husk Shrimp and Grits
My classic dinner choice: Shrimp & Grits. SO GOOD.

The Palm is in central downtown, right by the Hilton and is open for lunch and dinner. The menu includes seafood, steak, chops, and Italian options.
Post dinner, I highly recommend the French Kiss martini and the warm cinnamon sugar donut holes. They are served with chocolate and raspberry dipping sauce and they just melt in your mouth. 
The Palm: French Kiss Martini

This is a must stop place for me--sweets heaven!! Caramel apples, pies & cakes, chocolate, fudge, caramel, brittle, gelato, and basically anything else you need to delight your sweet tooth.
Savannah's Candy Kitchen

Broadway

If you ask me, there is no better place to bar hop then Broadway. The street seems endless with different hot spots and rooftop bars to check out.  While seemingly endless, it is comfortably walkable. Various different genres of live music flow through the streets and the talent is truly impressive.

Must stop places are Broadway Brewhouse for a famous Bushwacker, Honky Tonk Central for 3 levels of live music, Rock Bottom for a beer on tap and a yummy bar snack (we loved their nachos), Cerveza Jack's for day drinking happy hour, tequila, and "suck it from a bucket" drinks.

So far, my trips to Nashville have been without Dennis. I can't wait to plan a trip with him so we can explore more of this fun city together. Feel free to comment below and share any of your favorite hot spots for us to check out!

No comments